Plate up a brekkie of champions with this creamy shakshuka. It’s packed with spices and tasty greens.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 250g pkt frozen spinach, just thawed, excess liquid removed
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 100g drained Persian fetta, crumbled
- Chilli sauce, to serve
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the leek softens. Add the cumin and paprika and cook for 1 min or until aromatic.
Add the spinach and cream to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until heated through. Add the peas and sugar snap peas. Bring to a simmer.
Use the back of a large metal spoon to make 4 large indents in the pea mixture. Carefully crack an egg into each indent. Cook, partially covered, for 5 mins for soft yolks or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the fetta. Drizzle with the chilli sauce.