Green smoothie pancakes
These green smoothie pancakes are full of fruit for a better-for-you pancake option. Topped with mango, papaya and passionfruit, they’re a tropical treat.
Note: + 30 mins resting time
- 1 3/4 cups (435ml) milk or almond milk
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1 ripe banana, coarsely chopped
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 20g butter, melted
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Thinly sliced papaya, to serve
- Thinly sliced mango, to serve
- Passionfruit pulp, to serve
Blend the milk, egg, banana and spinach in a blender until smooth.
Combine the flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and use a whisk to stir until a smooth batter forms. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 30 mins to rest.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Brush with a little melted butter. Pour ¼ cup (60ml) of the batter into the pan. Cook for 1-2 mins or until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Turn and cook for a further 1 min or until light golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter and melted butter to make 16 pancakes.
Divide the pancakes among serving plates. Top with yoghurt, papaya, mango and passionfruit.
Serve with: lime wedges, lime zest and coconut flakes