Grilled cos and asparagus salad
The ultimate side for your weekend barbie. This cos salad is packed with fresh produce and smoky flavour.
6 as a side
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup mint leaves, coarsely torn
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Coles Italian White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/2 small garlic clove, crushed
To make the lemon dressing, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon rind, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Season.
Cook the peas in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 min. Add the sugar snap peas and snow peas and cook for 1 min or until tender. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Cut the snow peas and sugar snap peas in half lengthways.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Discard outer leaves of the cos, then quarter lengthways. Drizzle the cos and asparagus with oil. Season. Cook for 1 min each side or until lightly charred.
Cut the asparagus spears intothirds diagonally. Transfer the cos, asparagus, peas, snow peas, sugar snap peas and mint to a serving platter and drizzle with the dressing to serve.