Halloween layer cake
Here's the trick: start with Coles Make at Home Chocolate Mud Cakes. Here's the treat: a spookily good dessert for Halloween.
- 100g white chocolate melts, melted
- 2 x 540g Coles Make at Home Chocolate Mud Cakes
- 400g tub Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe Chocolate Frosting
- Dark chocolate writing icing, to decorate
- Mentos, to decorate
- 20g pkt Coles Funny Face Icing Figurines, eyes only
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spoon melted chocolate onto the lined tray and use the back of the spoon to spread to make teardrop shapes. Set aside until set. Decorate with chocolate writing icing to make ghosts.
Trim the tops of the cakes. Place 1 cake on a serving plate. Spread top and side with half of the icing. Top with remaining cake, cut-side down. Spread top and side with more icing. Smooth the top and side.
Arrange the chocolate ghosts on the cake. Decorate Mentos with chocolate writing icing to make eyes. Arrange on the cake with the icing eyes. Cut into wedges to serve.