Harissa snapper with orange, olive and lentil salad
Cooked to perfection, this harissa snapper makes a delicious dinner. Pair it with a fresh-tasting citrus and lentil salad for a mouth-watering main.
Note: + 10 mins cooling time
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots, trimmed, halved lengthways, or 400g baby carrots, quartered lengthways
- 2 tsp harissa spice mix
- 2 Coles Australian Snapper Fillets, halved
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed, drained
- 150g pitted green olives, quartered
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 navel oranges, peeled, segmented
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coles Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/2 small garlic clove, crushed
Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine the garlic, cumin and half the oil in a small bowl. Arrange the carrot on lined tray. Brush the carrot with oil mixture and season. Roast for 20-25 mins or until golden and tender. Set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, to make citrus dressing, combine the oil, orange juice, 1 tbs lime juice, 1 tbs lemon juice, orange rind, lime rind, lemon rind and garlic in a screw-top jar. Season. Shake well to combine.
Combine the harissa and remaining oil in a shallow bowl. Add the fish and turn to coat. Season. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 3 mins each side or until golden and just cooked through.
Combine the lentils, olive, radish, orange, onion and mint in a large bowl. Add carrot and half the dressing and gently toss to coat. Season.
Divide the fish and carrot mixture among serving plates. Drizzle with the remaining dressing to serve.