Hearty veggie and pasta soup
This tasty vegetable soup is the ultimate winter warmer. Load up the slow cooker with veggies, then let it work its magic.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups (2L) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1.4kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 375g Coles Spinach & Ricotta Agnolotti
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale or green kale, thick stems removed, leaves shredded
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 tbs finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat 1 tbs oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and fennel. Cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until vegetables are soft and light golden. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
Transfer the onion mixture to a slow cooker with tomato, stock, beans and pumpkin. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 2 hours on high (or 4 hours on low) or until the vegetables soften. Stir in pasta and kale. Cover and cook for 30 mins on high or until the pasta is tender. Divide among serving bowls.
Combine the pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley and remaining oil in a bowl. Spoon over the pasta mixture to serve.