Herb and fetta barramundi with sweet potato mash
Enjoy some delicious seafood with this easy herb and fetta barramundi recipe. Serve with lemon wedges for some extra zesty flavour.
- 50g butter
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 550g gold sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) dried red lentils
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Coles Real Chicken or Real Vegetable Stock
- 2 x 275g pkts John West Barramundi Skin-On with Murray River Salt & Lemon Myrtle Seasoning
- 180g Persian fetta with chilli, drained
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs chopped lemon thyme or thyme
- Steamed baby broccoli, to serve
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Melt half the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until soft. Add the cumin and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Add sweet potato and lentils. Stir to combine. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 mins or until sweet potato is soft, lentils are tender and liquid almost evaporates.
Meanwhile, place the barramundi on the lined tray. Coarsely crumble the fetta into a bowl. Stir in the parsley and lemon thyme or thyme. Sprinkle the fetta mixture over the barramundi. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with the seasoning from the fish packet. Bake for 10-15 mins or until barramundi is golden and cooked through.
Add the remaining butter to the sweet potato mixture. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until almost smooth. Season. Divide mash, barramundi and baby broccoli among serving plates.
Serve with flat-leaf parsley leaves and lemon halves