Homemade tartare sauce
This one-step tartare sauce is as easy as they come. Made with simple ingredients and ready in just 10 minutes, it’s a quick way to take fish and chips to the next level.
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Coles Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbs drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mixed herbs (such as dill, chives or tarragon)
Combine the mayonnaise, shallot, mustard, capers, gherkins, lemon juice and herbs in a small bowl. Season well.