Honey and ginger chicken wings
Served with jasmine rice and lime wedges, these sweet and spicy chicken wings make an easy and delicious midweek meal and will have the whole family going back for seconds.
- 12 (about 1kg) Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/2 wombok, finely shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mint
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce, extra
- Finely chopped spring onions, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the chicken, honey, soy sauce, ginger and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Arrange over the lined tray. Bake, turning occasionally, for 30 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the wombok, onion and mint in a large bowl. Whisk the sesame oil, sugar, vinegar and extra soy sauce together in a small bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the wombok mixture and toss until well combined. Divide salad and chicken wings among serving plates. Top with spring onion and serve with rice and lime wedges.