Hot cross bun pudding
Topped with berries and a dollop of cream, this hot cross bun pudding is an easy, indulgent dessert that is best served warm.
Note: + 10 mins soaking & 10 mins standing time
- 2 Coles Bakery Chocolate Hot Cross Buns, split
- 4 Coles Finest Indulgent Traditional Fruit Hot Cross Buns, split
- 40g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (160g) blueberry or raspberry jam
- 6 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 125g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 125g fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease an 8-cup (2L) ovenproof dish.
Spread the cut side of each bun half with butter. Spread the bun bases with the jam. Arrange the bun bases, jam-side up, and the bun tops, cross-side up, in the prepared pan.
Whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Pour evenly over the buns. Set aside for 10 mins to soak.
Sprinkle with the raspberries and blueberries. Bake for 30-40 mins or until just set. Set aside for 10 mins to stand before serving.