Ice cream layer cake
After a quick-fix dessert? This ice cream cake is impressive and irresistible - plus it takes only 15 minutes to make.
Note: + freezing, standing & cooling time
- 1L Coles Irresistible Chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 400g pkts Coles Ultimate 40% Chocolate Chip cookies
- 1L Coles Irresistible Cookies & Cream ice cream
- 1L Coles Irresistible Vanilla Bean ice cream
- 100g dark chocolate melts
- 100ml thickened cream
- 1/2 170g pkt Coles Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels
- 1/2 170g pkt Coles Milk Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Bites
- 1/2 170g pkt Coles Milk Chocolate Rocky Road Bites
- Turkish delight, to decorate
- Mini pretzels, to decorate
- Marshmallows, to decorate
- Plain popcorn, to decorate
Grease a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan and line with 2 layers of plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang. Spoon the chocolate ice cream over the base of the pan. Smooth the surface. Top with one-third of the biscuits, trimming to fit. Freeze for 20 mins or until firm.
Set the cookies and cream ice cream aside for 5 mins to soften slightly. Spoon over the biscuit layer in the pan. Smooth the surface. Top with half the remaining biscuits, trimming to fit. Freeze for 20 mins.
Repeat with the vanilla ice cream and remaining biscuits. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight or until firm.
Place the chocolate melts and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 min. Stir. Repeat, stirring every 30 secs, until sauce is smooth. Cool for 20 mins.
Turn cake onto a serving plate. Unwrap. Drizzle with sauce. Top with the chocolate pretzels, popcorn bites, rocky road bites, Turkish delight, mini pretzels, marshmallows and plain popcorn. Serve immediately.