Ramp up the flavour of classic baked potatoes in this spicy side dish. Served with raita for added freshness, it’s a guaranteed hit.
- 4 large Red Royale potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 120g Perino tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely grated
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the potato, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, if using, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cardamom, curry leaves and oil in a bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer on the lined tray. Roast, turning occasionally, for 35 mins or until the potato is golden brown and tender. Sprinkle with peas. Roast for 2 mins or until the peas are heated through.
Meanwhile, to make the raita, use your hands to squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as possible. Combine the cucumber in a bowl with yoghurt and mint. Season.
Top the potato mixture with half the raita. Sprinkle with the tomato. Serve immediately with the remaining raita.