Italian sausage and barley soup
Here's a midweek winner! This filling sausage soup is quick, easy and delicious.
- 4 Coles Finest Italian Pork Sausages, casings removed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (100g) pearl barley
- 400g can cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes
Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the sausage mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break into lumps, for 5-7 mins or until golden brown. Add the carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the barley to the vegetable mixture in the pan and stir to combine. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir to combine. Add 4 cups (1L) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 mins or until barley is tender and soup thickens slightly. Season. Serve.