Italian-style slow cooker chicken
Full of colour and flavour, this chicken recipe is the ultimate winter warmer. Serve it with some fresh bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (80g) Sicilian olives
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or flameproof casserole pan over medium-high heat. Cook combined chicken, in 2 batches, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion and combined capsicum to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic, anchovy and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Return chicken to the pan and pour over the wine. Bring to the boil.
Transfer the chicken mixture to a slow cooker. Add the tomato, stock and olives. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until chicken is almost falling off the bone and sauce thickens slightly. Season.