Khanh Ong's classic prawn cocktail brioche
You can’t go wrong with this easy prawn cocktail brioche. It’s super tasty and easy to make.
8 as a starter
- 8 Coles Brioche Rolls, toasted
- 12 cooked tiger prawns, peeled, deveined, finely chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- Dill leaves, to garnish
Marie Rose cocktail sauce
- 250g whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs tomato sauce
- 2 tbs finely chopped dill
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp brandy (optional)
- 1-2 drops Tabasco sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
To make the Marie Rose cocktail sauce, combine the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, dill, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brandy, if using, Tabasco sauce, salt and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
Use a small serrated knife to split the rolls lengthways (don’t cut all the way through).
In a large bowl, combine the prawns, avocado and ⅓ cup (80ml) cocktail sauce.
Divide the prawn mixture among the brioche buns and sprinkle with dill leaves.
Tip: Store the remaining Marie Rose cocktail sauce, covered, in the fridge for up to 1 week.