Lamb and lemon pasta
This zesty pasta is simple yet impressive. Packed with veggies and slices of lamb, it’s a filling dinner option.
- 375g farfalle
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 270g pkts Coles Australian Lamb Leg Steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded basil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/4 cup basil sprigs
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the lamb and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and cover to keep warm. Repeat with another 2 tsp of oil and the remaining lamb.
Return lamb to the pan with the pasta, garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, tomato, shredded basil, parsley and reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until heated through. Stir in the rocket, basil sprigs and remaining oil. Divide among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Blitz up leftover basil, parsley and rocket with oil, green chilli and lemon juice to make a zingy sauce for salads, sandwiches and barbecue meats.