Lamb, harissa and mixed mushroom meatloaf
Spice up your week with this tasty harissa meatloaf. Filled with lamb and mixed mushrooms, this dish is definitely a must-try.
Note: + 15 mins standing time
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 200g brown cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g brown flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g white flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g Coles Australian Lamb Mince
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 2 cups (140g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbs harissa paste or spice mix
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp harissa paste or spice mix, extra
Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 10cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan and line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing the long sides to overhang. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the cup mushroom and cook, turning occasionally, for 6 mins or until golden. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the combined flat mushroom and cook, turning, for 6 mins or until golden.
Combine onion, carrot, garlic, mince, egg, breadcrumbs, oregano and harissa in a large bowl. Add the cup mushroom and use your hands to mix until well combined. Season. Press the mince mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Top with the combined flat mushroom.
Place on a baking tray and bake for 40 mins or until the meatloaf is cooked through. Set aside in the pan for 15 mins before transferring to a serving plate.
Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt and extra harissa in a small bowl.
Cut meatloaf into slices and serve with the yoghurt mixture.
Serve with oregano leaves, steamed snow peas and steamed sugar snap peas