Lamb meatball and apricot tagine
Ready in just 30 minutes, this simple lamb meatball tagine is the perfect midweek dinner. Served with couscous, it’s a great way to spice up your weeknights.
- 500g Coles Finest Australian Lamb Sausages with Fetta & Rosemary, casings removed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs Coles Moroccan Seasoning
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 150g dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 200g Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (35g) slivered almonds, toasted
- Steamed couscous, to serve
Divide the sausage into 12 meatballs. Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 3-4 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until onion softens. Add the Moroccan seasoning and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until aromatic.
Add tomato and 1/3 cup (80ml) water and bring to the boil. Return meatballs to the pan with the apricot and zucchini. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 mins or until meatballs are cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly.
Serve the tagine with the yoghurt, almond and couscous. Season.
Serve with coriander sprigs and lemon wedges