Lemon mascarpone mousse
This citrus mousse makes a mouth-watering dessert. Sprinkle it with spiced biscuits to take it to the next level.
Note: + cooling & chilling time
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2 large lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 extra-large Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125g) mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream, whipped
- Coles Almond Spekulatius biscuits, broken, to serve
- Finely grated lemon rind, extra, to serve
In a medium heatproof bowl, rub sugar and 1 tbs lemon rind between fingertips until moist and fragrant. Whisk in 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice and the egg yolks until well combined.
Place the bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Using an electric mixer, whisk the lemon mixture for 6 mins or until light, fluffy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside for 10 mins to cool.
Whisk the mascarpone and sour cream into the lemon mixture until well combined. Using a large silicone spatula, gently fold in the whipped cream, in 2 batches, until combined.
Divide the mousse among serving bowls. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour or until set. Sprinkle the biscuit and extra lemon rind over the mousse to serve.
Swap me Any type of shortbread or spiced biscuit works well in this recipe.