Lemongrass prawn and noodle stir-fry
After a fresh twist on your classic stir-fry? This tasty lemongrass prawn and noodle stir-fry will be a hit at the dinner table.
Note: + 15 mins marinating time
- 750g raw prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 lemongrass stem, finely chopped, or 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, cut into wedges
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup (80ml) oyster sauce
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs Chinese rice wine
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 200g thick rice noodles
Combine the prawns, lemongrass and half the oil in a medium bowl. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawn mixture and stir-fry for 3-4 mins or until the prawns curl and change colour. Add the spring onion, carrot and pak choy and stir-fry for 2 mins or until just tender.
Add the bean sprouts, oyster sauce, soy sauce and rice wine to the wok or pan. Stir-fry for 1-2 mins or until heated through. Add the coriander and toss to combine.
Meanwhile, prepare the noodles following packet directions. Drain well.
Divide the noodles and prawn mixture among serving bowls.