Lentil, mushroom and egg curry
Liven up the midweek menu with this flavour-packed lentil curry. It’s quick, easy and a hearty feed.
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 200g brown cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup (100g) korma curry paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 165ml coconut milk
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed, drained
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 450g pkt microwavable basmati rice
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the eggs and cook for 7 mins for semi-soft yolks or until cooked to your liking. Refresh under cold water.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 2 mins or until the onion softens. Add the mushroom. Cook for 3 mins or until tender. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
Add the tomato, coconut milk and stock powder to the mushroom mixture in the pan. Stir to combine. Stir in the lentils. Bring to a simmer. Add spinach and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
While the mushroom mixture is cooking, heat the rice in the microwave following packet directions.
Peel each egg and cut in half. Divide the rice and lentil mixture evenly among serving bowls. Top with egg to serve.