Lime and chilli roasted salmon with tomato and melon salad
This fresh-tasting meal features lime and chilli marinated salmon served with a seasonal tomato and melon salad. It’s the perfect hot weather dinner option.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 5 Coles Fresh Seafood Salmon Tail Portion Skin On approx. 250g
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 (about 250g each) Coles Fresh Seafood Salmon Tail Portion Skin On
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 150g green beans, thinly sliced crossways
- 1/2 honeydew melon, seeded, peeled, cut into thin batons
- 100g gold Perino tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 100g red Perino tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
Combine the oil, lime juice, garlic and chilli, if using, in a jug. Pour half the oil mixture over the salmon in a shallow bowl and toss to coat. Season. Add the vinegar to the remaining oil mixture and stir to combine.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon, skin-side down, for 3 mins or until crisp. Turn the salmon and reduce heat to medium. Cook for a further 1 1/2-2 mins for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Place the beans in a heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover and stand for 3 mins. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Combine the melon, combined tomato, beans and shallot in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar mixture and toss to combine.
Divide the melon mixture among serving plates. Top with the salmon. Season and serve with lime wedges.