Lime, vanilla and coconut cupcakes
These pretty little cupcakes are great for grown ups. Made with coconut milk and fresh lime juice, they are really rich and super tasty.
Note: + cooling time
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 tbs plain flour
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut milk
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 cups (320g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 tbs coconut milk, extra
- 2 tbs lime juice, extra
- Pink, green and blue liquid food colouring
- Coles Icing Roses or Mini Flowers, to decorate
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole, ⅓-cup (80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
Use an electric mixer to beat butter, sugar, vanilla and lime rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the combined flour, desiccated coconut, coconut milk and lime juice, in alternating batches, until just combined.
Spoon mixture evenly among paper cases. Bake for 25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Combine the icing sugar and extra coconut milk in a bowl. Stir in extra lime juice and enough water to make a paste. Divide into 3 portions. Tint each portion pale pink, green or blue. Spoon icing over the cupcakes. Top with the icing flowers. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.