Lion face dip
The kids will love this cute lion face dip idea. Plus it's a great way to squeeze more veggies into their day.
Note: + cooling time
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 250g baby carrots, trimmed, peeled, quartered lengthways
- 2 yellow baby capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 red baby capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 multigrain tortilla
- 1 pitted kalamata olive, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow cherry tomato, halved
- 1 gold Perino tomato
- Chives, to decorate
- 1 red cherry tomato, halved
- 600g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs lemon juice
To make pumpkin dip, preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on the lined tray and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin. Season and toss to coat. Roast for 45 mins or until tender. Set aside to cool.
Place pumpkin mixture, chickpeas, tahini and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Season. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
Place dip in the centre of a serving plate. Arrange the combined carrot and capsicum around the dip to make the lion’s mane.
Use a 2.5cm round cutter to cut 2 small discs from the tortilla. Use a 5cm round cutter to cut 2 large discs from the remaining tortilla. Place small discs on the dip and top with olive slices to make eyes. Decorate with yellow cherry tomato, gold Perino tomato and chives to make a lion’s face. Place large discs over the sliced vegetables and top with red cherry tomato to make ears.