Luke Mangan’s BBQ baby broccoli with anchovy and lemon
Loaded with flavour and crunch, this BBQ broccoli dish makes for a tasty side. Sprinkle with lemon zest for a tangy finish.
4 as a side
- 3 bunches baby broccoli, ends trimmed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs flaked almonds, toasted, chopped
- Chopped rosemary, to serve
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
To make the dressing, use a mortar and pestle to pound the anchovies, garlic and rosemary until a paste forms. Stir in the oil and lemon juice. Season.
Place the baby broccoli on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Season.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the baby broccoli, turning, for 2-3 mins or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with almonds and rosemary to serve.
Serve with... lemon zest