Malaysian-style chicken curry
This Malaysian-style curry is a chicken dish like no other. Give this meal a go using our Malaysian curry powder recipe and make a curry that is sure to impress.
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 quantity Malaysian Curry Powder (see related recipe) or 2 tbs curry powder
- 400ml can Coles Asia Premium Thai Coconut Cream
- 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks or quills
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the combined chicken, in 2 batches, for 2 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Add curry powder to the pan. Cook for 30 secs or until aromatic. Add the coconut cream and bring to a simmer. Pour over the chicken in slow cooker. Add lemongrass, star anise, cinnamon, lime leaves and 1/2 cup (125ml) water.
Cover and cook for 3 hours on high (or 5 hours on low) or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Stir to combine.
Serve with roti, coriander leaves and finely shredded kaffir lime leaves