Mango, lime and coconut cupcakes
Try these mango, lime and coconut cupcakes for a zesty spin on the classic treat.
Note: + cooling time
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 250g butter, extra, softened
- 3 cups (480g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 mango, extra, peeled, chopped
- Thinly sliced mango, to serve
- Finely grated lime rind, to serve
- Shredded coconut, extra, toasted, to serve
Lime & coconut syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line twelve 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pans with paper cases. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped mango. Add flour, shredded coconut and coconut cream. Stir to combine. Spoon evenly among paper cases. Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted in centres comes out clean.
Meanwhile, to make the lime and coconut syrup, combine the coconut water, lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Cook for 3-4 mins or until the syrup thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
Reserve 2 tsp of the syrup. Brush the remaining syrup over the warm cupcakes. Set aside to cool.
Use a clean electric mixer to beat the extra butter in a medium bowl until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, in batches, beating well after each addition.
Place the extra chopped mango in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the mango puree and reserved syrup to the butter mixture in the bowl and beat until well combined.
Transfer the icing to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Pipe icing over the cupcakes. Top with mango slices. Sprinkle with lime rind and extra shredded coconut.