Mexican-style beef fried rice
Switch up your regular fried rice with this flavourful Mexican-inspired recipe. Topped with cheese and avocado, it will be a dinnertime hit with the family.
- 500g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Strips
- 2 x 250g pkts Mexican-style microwavable rice
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas, corn and capsicum mix
- 2 small Shepard avocados, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (120g) Coles Australian Shredded Tasty Cheddar
Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook half the beef, stirring, for 3 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the beef to a heatproof bowl and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef.
Add the rice to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until heated through. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until heated through. Season.
Divide the rice mixture among serving bowls. Top with the beef, avocado and cheddar. Season with pepper to serve.