Mexican-style pulled pork with slaw
Fire up the slow cooker and create this easy Mexican-style dish. Pairing melt-in-your-mouth pork with a zesty lime slaw, it really delivers on flavour.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 3 (about 300g each) Coles Australian Pork Scotch Fillet Steaks
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 30g Coles Mexican Seasoning Mix Mild
- 1 tbs chilli sauce
- 400g Coles Italian Passata
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- Chargrilled corn tortillas, to serve
- Sliced avocado, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125g) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 small fennel, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season pork. Cook, in batches, for 3 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining oil to the pan. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until golden. Add the Mexican seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
Transfer the pork and onion mixture to a slow cooker. Add the chilli sauce, passata, stock, orange zest and orange juice and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 8 hours on low) or until the pork is very tender. Use 2 forks to shred the pork and stir until well combined.
Meanwhile, to make the lime slaw, whisk the sour cream, lime rind and lime juice in a bowl. Add the cabbage and sliced fennel and toss to combine. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds.
Divide the tortillas among serving plates. Top with the pork. Arrange the lime slaw and avocado over the pork. Season with black pepper to serve.