Mexican-style pumpkin soup
Courtney Roulston gives pumpkin soup a tasty Mexican-style makeover. Paired with avocado, salsa and corn chips, it’s a mouth-watering combo.
- 2 x 300g tubs Coles Kitchen Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- 1/2 ripe Hass avocado, stoned, peeled, quartered
- 2 tbs Greek-style yoghurt
- Tortilla strips, broken, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- 1 cup coriander leaves, washed
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 jalapeno chilli, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Place the soup in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 mins or until heated through.
Meanwhile, to make the salsa, place the coriander, garlic, chilli, lime juice, cumin, salt and oil in a blender. Blend until smooth and bright green.
Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with the avocado and yoghurt. Spoon over some of the salsa. Top with the broken corn chips and coriander. Season with pepper and drizzle with a little oil to serve.