Mexican-style seafood soup
This speedy seafood soup has a tasty Mexican twist. It’s a great family-friendly seafood option.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 300g can corn kernels, drained
- 200g jar taco sauce
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken stock 500g Coles Seafood Marinara Mix Thawed (from the deli)
- 1 small avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until the onion softens.
Add the corn, taco sauce and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 5 mins or until the vegetables are tender. Add the marinara mix and cook, uncovered, for 3 mins or until the seafood changes colour and is just cooked through.
Divide the soup evenly among serving bowls. Top with avocado. Season to serve.