Michael Weldon’s potato salad with pea and cashew pesto
Loaded with colour and flavour, this tasty potato salad is a fresh twist on the classic. Everyone will be going back for more.
Note: + 5 mins steaming time
- 2kg Coles Australian Carisma Potatoes, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 250g frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (75g) cashews, toasted
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Mint leaves, extra, to serve
- Chopped cashews, to serve
Place the potato in a saucepan. Pour over enough cold water to cover. Season with salt. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 12-15 mins or until the potato is tender.
Meanwhile, place the basil, mint, peas, cashews, parmesan, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season.
Drain the potato and return to the pan to steam for 5 mins. Transfer the potato to a large bowl. Add the cashew mixture and gently fold to combine.
Transfer the potato salad to a large serving dish. Top with the parsley, extra mint and chopped cashews.