Milo and weet-bix slice
Whip up a snack the kids will love using two Aussie classics. This slice is topped with an irresistible milo icing - delicious!
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 8 Sanitarium Weet-Bix biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup (110g) Nestlé Milo powder
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups (300g) brown sugar
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 125g raspberries, coarsely torn
- Shaved coconut, to serve
- Extra raspberries, to serve
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup (25g) Nestlé Milo powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line base and 2 long sides of a 17cm x 27cm slice pan with baking paper.
Sift the combined flour into a bowl. Stir in the Weet-Bix and Milo powder.
Place the butter and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until the butter melts and sugar dissolves.
Make a well in the centre of the Milo mixture. Pour in the butter mixture. Add the eggs and torn raspberry and stir until just combined. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 20-25 mins or until firm to touch. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
To make the Milo icing, stir the icing sugar, Milo powder and milk in a bowl until spreadable. Spread over the slice. Set aside for 10 mins or until set. Top with coconut and whole raspberries.