Mini bread quiches
Score full marks with this clever lunch idea. These mini quiches are tasty and wholesome, guaranteed to keep those little tummies full.
- 12 slices Coles Bakery High Fibre Low GI Sandwich Bread, crusts removed
- 100g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup (30g) coarsely grated tasty cheddar
- 2 rashers Bertocchi Brothers rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tbs milk
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 6 holes of a 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan. Place 1 slice of bread on a clean work surface. Arrange another slice of bread on top at a 45-degree angle. Use a rolling pin to roll out bread slices until 5mm thick. Repeat with the remaining bread slices. Line the prepared holes with bread, pressing down firmly. Spray with olive oil spray. Bake for 15 mins or until just golden.
Combine the zucchini, cheddar, bacon and chives in a bowl. Divide evenly among the bread cases. Whisk the egg and milk in a jug and pour evenly over the zucchini mixture. Season. Bake for 20-25 mins or until the egg mixture is light golden and just set. Cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.