Mini pea frittatas with ricotta, mint and prosciutto
Topped with creamy ricotta and prosciutto, these mini pea frittatas are the perfect savoury bite to plate up for guests.
Note: + Cooling time
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 6 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring (pure) cream or thickened cream
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs finely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup (80g) ricotta
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn into small pieces
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 24 holes of a 1 1/2 tbs (30ml) mini muffin pan. Place the peas in a large bowl and use a fork to lightly crush. Add the eggs, cream, spring onion, mint and parmesan and whisk until combined. Season. Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 10 mins or until the egg mixture is just set. Set aside in the pan to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Place the ricotta and lemon rind in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season. Arrange frittatas on a serving platter. Spoon the ricotta mixture evenly over frittatas. Top with prosciutto. Season.
Serve with: Dill sprigs and mint sprigs
Get ahead: Make the frittatas, without the toppings, up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before topping and serving.