Mini prawn tostadas with mango salsa
Kick off your meal with Curtis’ refreshing mini prawn tostadas. Served with mango salsa, they’re a delicious addition to any menu.
Note: 15 minutes marinating time
- 4 Coles Mexico Corn Tortillas De Maiz
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped coriander
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 16 Coles Australian Cooked Whole Tiger Prawns, peeled, deveined, halved lengthways
- 2 tbs grapefruit juice
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 ripe mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 long red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
Place the tortillas on a clean work surface. Using a 6cm round cutter, cut 4 discs from each tortilla. Pour enough oil into a large non-stick frying pan to reach 1.5cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat (when the oil is ready, an offcut of tortilla sizzles immediately). Working in batches, add tortilla discs to the pan and cook, turning as needed, for 2 mins or until golden on both sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
To make the mango salsa, in a large bowl, combine the grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, mango, onion and chilli, if using. Season. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
In a medium bowl, add the avocado, coriander and lime juice. Using a fork, mash until smooth and combined.
Spoon avocado mixture over the tortilla discs and arrange on a serving platter. Divide prawns evenly among tortilla discs. Using a slotted spoon, top with mango salsa to serve.
Serve with sriracha or chilli sauce, lime wedges and coriander leaves