Miso marinated chicken with roasted vegetables
Take roast chicken and veggies to the next level with this tasty miso recipe. Loaded with pumpkin, mushrooms and pak choy, it’s a must-try.
Note: + 10 mins resting time
- 2 sachets instant miso soup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1.8kg Slow Hills Free Range RSPCA Approved Whole Chicken
- 2 leeks, cut into 5cm pieces
- 700g Kent pumpkin, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, halved lengthways
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Sesame oil, extra, to serve
Preheat oven to 200˚C. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper. Combine the miso, oil, ginger, garlic, honey and soy sauce in a shallow dish. Add chicken and rub miso mixture all over the chicken. Place chicken in the prepared pan. Cover with foil and roast for 40 mins. Reserve the remaining miso mixture.
Add the leek and pumpkin to the pan. Pour the reserved miso mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Cover with foil and cook for 20 mins. Remove foil and add combined mushrooms to the pan. Roast for a further 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Season with pepper. Cover with foil set aside for 10 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, cook the pak choy in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water for 1 min or until bright green.
Serve the chicken with roasted vegetables and pak choy. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with extra oil to serve.