Mixed Asian greens
In just 15 minutes you can whip up these mixed Asian greens. They’re the perfect side for an Asian-inspired feast.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, woody ends trimmed
- 1 bunch choy sum, ends trimmed
- 1 baby bok choy, quartered
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbs Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- Spring onion curls, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry for 1 min or until aromatic. Add Chinese broccoli, choy sum, baby bok choy, five spice, rice wine or dry sherry and oyster sauce and stir-fry for 2 mins or until vegetables just wilt.
Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with spring onion and sesame seeds.
Go for green
To help you reach your daily 5 serves of veg, make sure you eat leafy greens every day, like these Asian veggies. One serve of veg is equal to about 75g.