Mixed crostini platter
This mixed crostini platter tastes as good as it looks. With a variety of toppings from smoked salmon to beetroot hommus, there’s something for everyone.
Note: + cooling time
- 2 sourdough baguettes, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1/4 cup (60ml) seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded baby cos lettuce
- 250g Coles Australian Cooked Prawns, peeled, deveined
- Finely chopped chives, to sprinkle
Beetroot hommus with blue cheese
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts
- 2 tbs honey
- 150g beetroot dip
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
Avocado and salmon
- 200g spreadable cream cheese
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
Goat’s cheese with fig and prosciutto
- 150g marinated goat’s cheese
- 6 slices prosciutto, coarsely torn
- 4 dried figs, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves, to serve
Tandoori chicken and cucumber
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 tbs tandoori paste
- 1 tbs Greek-style yoghurt
- 200g Coles Tzatziki
- 2 Coles Australian Qukes Baby Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Tapenade with roasted peppers
- 95g jar black olive tapenade
- 300g jar whole roasted peppers (capsicum), drained, torn
- 100g marinated goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Thyme sprigs, to serve
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray baguette slices with olive oil spray. Cook on grill, in 2 batches, for 1-2 mins each side or until lightly toasted.
To make the prawn cocktail crostini, spread a little cocktail sauce over each baguette slice. Top with lettuce and prawns. Drizzle with extra cocktail sauce. Sprinkle with chives to serve.
To make the beetroot hommus with blue cheese crostini, preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange walnuts over the tray and drizzle with honey. Bake for 7-10 mins or until lightly toasted and caramelised. Set aside to cool. Spread beetroot dip over baguette slices. Top with blue cheese and walnut mixture.
To make the avocado and salmon crostini, place cream cheese, avocado, lemon juice and horseradish cream in a food processor and process until smooth. Season. Spread the baguette slices with avocado mixture and top with smoked salmon. Sprinkle with dill and lemon zest.
To make the goat’s cheese with fig and prosciutto crostini, spread baguette slices with goat’s cheese. Top with fig and prosciutto. Sprinkle with mint.
To make the tandoori chicken and cucumber crostini, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Combine the chicken, tandoori paste and yoghurt in a medium bowl. Cook chicken on the grill, turning, for 5 mins or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool. Spread baguette slices with tzatziki. Top with chicken and cucumber. Sprinkle with coriander.
To make the tapenade with roasted peppers crostini, spread baguette slices with tapenade. Top with capsicum and goat’s cheese. Sprinkle with thyme.