Mushroom and beef mince burgers
Boost your veg with our mushroom and beef mince burgers. They're wholesome, hearty and filling.
Note: + 30 mins resting time
- 250g Coles Australian Mushroom Mince
- 500g Coles Australian Beef Lean Mince
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 wholemeal rolls, split, toasted
- 8 butter lettuce or green oak leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced crossways
- Tomato chutney or relish, to serve
- 2 dill pickles, halved lengthways
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the mushroom mince, stirring, for 7-8 mins or until the pan juices evaporate and the mince is dry. Set aside to cool.
Combine the beef mince, onion and mustard in a bowl. Add the mushroom mince and stir until well combined. Season. Shape the mince mixture into 4 even sized patties. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Lightly spray the patties with olive oil spray and cook for 3-4 mins each side. Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cook, without turning, for 1-2 mins or until the cheese begins to melt and the patty is cooked through.
Divide the roll bases among serving plates. Top with lettuce, tomato, burger patties and onion. Drizzle with chutney or relish and top with roll top. Serve immediately with pickle.