Mushroom mince san choy bow
Give san choy bow a plant-based twist and have a go at this Asian-style dish. It's fresh, flavoursome and quick to make.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 500g pkt Coles Australian Mushroom Mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 225g can sliced water chestnuts, drained, chopped
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 baby cos or baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally (optional)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Hoisin sauce, extra, to serve
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushroom mince and stir-fry for 4-5 mins or until tender. Add the garlic, ginger and five spice. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until pan juices have reduced and almost evaporated.
Add the water chestnut and hoisin sauce to the pan. Toss to combine.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter. Top with the mushroom mince mixture, spring onion, carrot and bean sprouts. Sprinkle with coriander, chilli, if using, and sesame seeds. Serve with extra hoisin sauce.