Mussel tray bake
Loaded with flavour and ready in less than 30 minutes, this one-pan mussel tray bake really is as easy as it gets.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine or chicken stock
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 40g butter
- 1kg fresh Australian blue mussels
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- Chargrilled bread slices, to serve
Preheat oven to 240°C. Heat the oil in a flameproof roasting pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 30 secs. Add the wine or stock, thyme, bay leaves and butter and bring to a simmer. Add the mussels and remove from heat. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 15 mins or until mussels open (discard any unopened mussels).
Sprinkle mussel mixture with parsley and dill. Serve with chargrilled bread slices.