No-cook chicken, lentil and kale salad
After something fresh and filling? This no-cook dish is packed with tender roast chicken, lentils and kale is a must-try.
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 3 cups shredded Coles RSPCA Approved Hot Roast Chicken
- 100g coarsely torn kale leaves
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted cashews
Place the lentils in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 mins. Drain well. Place in a bowl.
Add chicken, kale, rocket, celery, capsicum, tomato and onion to the lentils in the bowl and toss to combine. Whisk the vinegar, oil and garlic in a small bowl until combined. Season. Add to the chicken mixture and gently toss to combine.
Place the salad on a serving platter. Serve sprinkled with cashews.