Pan-fried fish with avocado and asparagus salad
Twenty minutes is all you need to whip up this simple yet delicious pan-fried fish. Served with an avocado, asparagus and pine nut salad, it’s great for busy weeknights.
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 700g) basa fillets or firm white fish fillets
- 200g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 4 cups (160g) baby rocket leaves
- 1 medium avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, finely shaved
- 250g cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup (80g) Coles Organic Pine Nuts, toasted
Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the fish and cook for 3-4 mins each side or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Meanwhile, place the sugar snap peas in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 mins or until just tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
Arrange the sugar snap peas, rocket, avocado, cucumber, asparagus and tomato on a serving platter with the fish.
Combine the orange juice, mustard and remaining oil in a jug. Drizzle over the salad and fish. Sprinkle with pine nuts and season with pepper.
Swap me: Replace the pine nuts with unsalted cashews, toasted, chopped.
Boost it: Add even more veg to the side by tossing the veggies through cooked broccoli and cauliflower rice.