Paprika potatoes and eggs with hot smoked salmon
With only 15 minutes prep time needed, this hot smoked salmon dish is easy to whip up. It’s served with smoked paprika potatoes and egg for a hearty meal.
Note: + 30 mins standing time
- 4 Dutch Cream potatoes or brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150g pkt Coles Tasmanian Hot Smoked Salmon Pepper Portions, coarsely flaked
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt
To make the pickled onion, combine the onion, vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Set aside for 30 mins to soak. Drain well.
Meanwhile, cook the potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins. Drain well.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the potato and cook, turning occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until golden brown. Add the paprika and garlic and stir to combine. Add half the stock and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the stock reduces by half. Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining stock. Make 4 indents in the potato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each indent. Sprinkle with half the spring onion. Cook for 5-7 mins or until the egg whites are just set or cooked to your liking.
Top the potato mixture with the salmon and remaining spring onion.
Serve with baby rocket leaves, smoked paprika and chargrilled sourdough.