Pea and ham soup with crème fraîche
Topped with a crème fraîche, chives and croutons, this easy pea and ham soup is sure to impress.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg frozen peas
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 250g sliced triple-smoked ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup (120g) crème fraîche
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Sourdough croutons, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5-6 mins or until the onion and celery soften.
Add the peas and stock to the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 5 mins or until vegetables are tender and cooked through. Season.
Use a stick blender to carefully blend the soup until almost smooth. Stir in half the ham.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with remaining ham, crème fraîche, chives and croutons. Season.