Peach Melba trifle
Inspired by the classic dessert, this Peach Melba trifle is the perfect show-stopper to wow a crowd.
Note: + 2 hours setting time
- 85g pkt raspberry jelly crystals
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250ml) cold water
- 3 white peaches, stoned, cut into thin wedges
- 3 yellow peaches, stoned, cut into thin wedges
- 250g raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125ml) orange-flavoured liqueur or orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 1/2cups (375g) vanilla custard
- 250g pkt Coles Jam Mini Rolls, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 1 yellow peach, extra, stoned
- Yellow peach wedges, extra, to serve
- Raspberries, extra, to serve
Place jelly crystals in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the boiling water and stir until the jelly crystals dissolve. Add the cold water and stir to combine. Pour into a 12-cup (3L) glass serving dish. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
Meanwhile, place the combined peach wedges, raspberries, liqueur or orange juice, vanilla and half the sugar in a large bowl and gently stir to combine. Set aside for 30 mins or until the raspberries release their juices.
Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream, custard and remaining sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
Arrange half the peach mixture over the jelly in the dish. Arrange the sponge roll slices over the peach mixture. Top with the remaining peach mixture.
Add the jam to the cream mixture and use a round-bladed knife to gently marble. Spoon the cream mixture over the peach mixture in the dish.
Thinly slice the extra yellow peach crossways. Use your fingers to roll each slice and arrange on top of the trifle. Top with the extra peach wedges and raspberries.