Peanut butter and cookie brownie
Here's one for your next weekend bake. Our brownie slice is loaded with crunchy Oreo biscuits. It's pure decadence!
Note: + Cooling
- 165g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs milk
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (140g) peanut butter
- 2 x 23g pkts Oreo Original Mini biscuits, coarsely broken
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 19cm x 29cm slice pan and line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and combined sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and milk and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate.
Spoon the chocolate mixture, alternating with peanut butter, into the prepared pan. Use a round-bladed knife to gently marble. Smooth the surface. Sprinkle with biscuit. Bake for 30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Set aside in the pan to cool completely. Cut into pieces to serve.