Peanut prawn stir-fry
With prawns, veggies and a tasty peanut sauce, this stir-fry is a great way to get seafood on your plate during the week. Ready in just 35 minutes, it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Note: + 5 mins marinating time
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 750g Coles Raw Ocean Tiger Prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 2 tbs kecap manis
- 1/2 cup (140g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 350g pkt Coles Kitchen Asian Style Salad Kit
- 1/4 cup (35g) peanuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve (optional)
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Cook the noodles following packet directions. Drain well.
Combine the prawns, ginger, garlic, peanut oil and half the kecap manis in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside for 5 mins to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the peanut butter, vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, sesame oil, remaining kecap manis and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cook over low heat, stirring until the peanut butter melts and the mixture is smooth. Add a little water if necessary. Season.
Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add half the prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 mins or until prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining prawns.
Return prawns to the wok or pan with the noodles, salad kit and half the peanut sauce. Stir-fry for 1-2 mins or until the vegetables are just wilted.
Divide the prawn mixture among serving bowls. Drizzle with the remaining peanut sauce. Sprinkle with peanut, chilli, if using, and coriander to serve.