Penang curry paste
This Penang curry paste packs a punch and is ready in just two simple steps.
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted peanuts
- 1/2 bunch coriander, including roots and stems, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, chopped
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely torn
- 1 tbs finely grated galangal or ginger
- 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Place peanuts, chopped coriander, onion, chopped chilli, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, lime leaf, galangal or ginger, lemongrass, cumin, ground coriander and chilli flakes in a food processor.
Process until the mixture is smooth and well combined.